- We will be resuming hours in a very limited capacity for chiropractic care only. Our new, temporary hours will be M, W, F from 4:30 PM to 8:30 PM, and Saturday from 9 AM until we have no more people to treat (usually around 2PM but we will go longer if necessary). Saturdays will be our longest active day and we will be there until nobody else needs to get in. The reason we are keeping hours to a minimum are various, but the foundational concept behind this decision is keeping you, the patient, as safe as possible. When Dr. Bechard returns to duty we will be expanding these hours, so be sure to follow us on Facebook for more regular updates on that. If you do not see a time that works for you on the schedule we encourage you to call or email the office. We will get you in if you are in need.
- If you have an appointment, we are asking for you to follow this simple protocol for when you arrive. Please call the office when you arrive and then wait in your car. If nobody answers, it's because we're treating another patient. We are operating without support staff to minimize person to person contact. We will hear the phone ring and see who it was and know you are here. When we are done treating, we will call you back and let you know it's time to come in. Come in, go directly to the bathroom and wash your hands, and then put on a home made mask that will be laid out on the front desk. We will then bring you back into the treatment room.
- We have modified the online scheduling platform as follows. As of today, scheduling appointments will require 6 hours of notice instead of 2, and cancelling appointments will require 24 hours of notice instead of 8. This is a reflection of the limited nature of our availability. If you cannot make an appointment due to illness, there will be no penalty. However, "no show" appointments and late cancellations without a valid excuse will be charged a full office visit fee of $40. This is meant as a reflection of how serious we are about not having our time wasted. Slots to get in are going to be valuable, we do not want someone to wait for a time to get in while other people are not showing up. Again, if you are sick, there is no penalty for cancelling, but PLEASE let us know rather than just not showing up!
- If you or anyone you know is a front line Emergency Room worker, including nurses, doctors, tech's, whoever, we will treat you for free during this crisis. This is an attempt to give back and keep these people going, so that they can keep up the fight. If you're doing a 12, 14, 16 hour shift day after day and your body is physically worn out, we will get you in at a time that is convenient for you, even if it's outside of our new hours. We want to help, so tell your friends, tell your colleagues, we are here to help in any way we can.
- Lastly, we must stress that there is absolutely no evidence that chiropractic care has any effect whatsoever on the immune system. The only way we can help keep you from getting sick is to limit your exposure to other people. Period. Chiropractic has never been demonstrated to have an effect on the body's ability to fight infections or disease, so don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.
Dr. Rob DeNero and the Mt. Hope Chiropractic team