- We have installed a UV filter in our HVAC system. The purpose of this system is to kill any airborne germs that get pulled through the ventilation. We also open doors and windows to swap out air with the outdoors on a regular basis. Small fans will be in each chiropractic and massage treatment room and will be left on continuously in order to continue circulating air and pushing it into the vents where the UV filter will kill anything and everything that goes by. We will also treat chiropractic patients with the treatment room door open as often as possible, to make sure the air continues to move.
- Online scheduling now only requires 2 hours to sign up for a visit, and 24 hours to reschedule/cancel.
- Our schedule is spread out from 7 am to 8:30 pm daily to accommodate as many patients as possible without overlap. In many instances, we will make exceptions to stay late/come early as the schedule does now fill up. Each chiropractor has about 2/3 of the availability they used to under this new system, so visits are harder to get on short notice. We apologize for this, and strongly encourage you to call if you don't see a time online. Often we can fit you in somewhere, or we will stay late (if we can) to treat you if the bookings fill up.
- If you have an appointment, we are asking for you to follow this simple protocol for when you arrive. Please call the office when you arrive and then wait in your car. If nobody answers, it's because we're treating another patient. We are operating without support staff to minimize person to person contact. We will hear the phone ring and see who it was and know you are here. When we are done treating, we will call you back and let you know it's time to come in. Come in, go directly to the bathroom and wash your hands, and then put on a home made mask that will be laid out on the front desk. We will then bring you back into the treatment room.
- We have modified the online scheduling platform as follows. As of today, scheduling appointments will require 6 hours of notice instead of 2, and cancelling appointments will require 24 hours of notice instead of 8. This is a reflection of the limited nature of our availability. If you cannot make an appointment due to illness, there will be no penalty. However, "no show" appointments and late cancellations without a valid excuse will be charged a full office visit fee of $40. This is meant as a reflection of how serious we are about not having our time wasted. Slots to get in are going to be valuable, we do not want someone to wait for a time to get in while other people are not showing up. Again, if you are sick, there is no penalty for cancelling, but PLEASE let us know rather than just not showing up!
- Lastly, we must stress that there is absolutely no evidence that chiropractic care has any effect whatsoever on the immune system. The only way we can help keep you from getting sick is to limit your exposure to other people. Period. Chiropractic has never been demonstrated to have an effect on the body's ability to fight infections or disease, so don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.
Dr. Rob DeNero and the Mt. Hope Chiropractic team